IMPROVE YOUR OFFENSIVE STATS 20% OR MORE with just 5 minutes a day
Traditional training focuses on developing hard skills, like mechanics, reps, and conditioning, without even contemplating cognitive components like VISION and DECISION-MAKING AT THE PLATE. Until now. The gameSense app allows athletes to GET MORE AT-BATS. These unlimited virtual reps can be completed anytime, anywhere – no more falling behind due to weather, daylight, illness, or injury.
WHAT IS PITCH RECOGNITION?
Pitch Recognition is the ability to quickly and accurately identify pitch type , location and speed . It is essential for hitters to see pitches in order to develop the visual reaction skill.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
gameSense challenges a hitter’s pitch recognition ability by showing them a portion of the pitch, not the entire pitch path. Then, for every pitch the hitter decides whether it is a Fastball, Curveball or Changeup; Ball or Strike. With practice, a hitter doesn’t think about it — they just “see the ball and hit the ball.”
BENEFITS OF COGNITIVE TRAINING
- Get a season’s worth of training, with just 15 minutes a day for a week (200 at bats)
- Train anywhere, anytime
- Build skills in between games
- Track performance and quantify improvement
Build invisible skills with cognitive drills
In just 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week athletes can see 1,000’s of pitches
from top-grade professional, college, HS and travel pitchers.
The gameSense Program is proven to:
- Improve timing. Hitters learn to read the pitch type and initial ball flight within about 20 ft (baseball) or 14 ft (softball) of the release point. This allows hitters to make better swing decisions and better swing adjustments.
- Experience thousands of virtual plate appearances. What athletes see out of the pitcher’s hand associates with pitch location, velocity and movement. Get in virtual reps on your iPhone, iPad, or laptop computer with gameSense Pitch-IQ™ or FastPitch-IQ™. The App will show you a pitch and you enter the pitch you see: Was it a ball? Strike? Curve? Change up?
- Swing at strikes, not balls. Develop plate discipline and aggressive hitting by recognizing the pitch earlier.
- Increase confidence. Have your hitters step into the box with confidence having seen that pitcher, or one like them, hundreds of times in the App training.
- Improve offensive statistics. Early pitch recognition improves success in the box. Hitters with greater pitch recognition walk more, strike out less, chase fewer pitches out of the zone and have a higher slugging percentage.
- Track performance. Hitters can track improvement, see strengths/weaknesses and compete against their teammates or other users.
READY TO IMPROVE YOUR HITTING?
“She’s feeling more confident and has been hitting much better – she actually hit her first ever home run last week.”— Parent
“The videos work incredibly! I have noticed that rather than picking the ball up when the pitch is out of the pitcher’s hand and already coming towards me, I am seeing the ball even before the pitcher releases it.”
— DI Player
“We needed to see more live pitching, so we invested in gameSense. And we saw significant improvements in our hitting at the national championships after using it.” —Australian National team member Leigh Godfrey