INCREASE rUN PRODUCTION 20%
Traditional training focuses on developing hard skills, like mechanics, reps, and conditioning, without even contemplating cognitive components like VISION and DECISION-MAKING AT THE PLATE. Until now. The gameSense app allows athletes to GET MORE AT-BATS. These unlimited virtual reps can be completed anytime, anywhere – no more falling behind due to weather, daylight, illness, or injury.
WHAT IS PITCH RECOGNITION?
Pitch Recognition is the ability to quickly and accurately identify pitch type , location and speed . It is essential for hitters to see pitches in order to develop the visual reaction skill.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
gameSense challenges a hitter’s pitch recognition ability by showing them a portion of the pitch, not the entire pitch path. Then, for every pitch the hitter decides whether it is a Fastball, Curveball or Changeup; Ball or Strike. With practice, a hitter doesn’t think about it — they just “see the ball and hit the ball.”
BENEFITS OF COGNITIVE TRAINING
- Assign drills in between games and seasons
- Build cognitive skills effectively and efficiently
- Develop dangerous hitters
- Keep your team improving no matter the weather or injury status
- Be an early adopter of cognitive science in sport
Optimize your team’s performance by building invisible skills with cognitive drills
In just 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week athletes can see 1,000’s of pitches
from top-grade professional, college, HS and travel pitchers.
The gameSense Program is proven to:
- Improve timing. Hitters learn to read the pitch type and initial ball flight within about 20 ft (baseball) or 14 ft (softball) of the release point. This allows hitters to make better swing decisions and better swing adjustments.
- Experience thousands of virtual plate appearances. What athletes see out of the pitcher’s hand associates with pitch location, velocity and movement. Get in virtual reps on your iPhone, iPad, or laptop computer with gameSense Pitch-IQ™ or FastPitch-IQ™. The App will show you a pitch and you enter the pitch you see: Was it a ball? Strike? Curve? Change up?
- Swing at strikes, not balls. Develop plate discipline and aggressive hitting by recognizing the pitch earlier.
- Increase confidence. Have your hitters step into the box with confidence having seen that pitcher, or one like them, hundreds of times in the App training.
- Improve offensive statistics. Early pitch recognition improves success in the box. Hitters with greater pitch recognition walk more, strike out less, chase fewer pitches out of the zone and have a higher slugging percentage.
- Track performance. Hitters can track improvement, see strengths/weaknesses and compete against their teammates or other users.
GET AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
“At first, I didn’t see a change, then after about two weeks they were laying off pitches they used to chase.” — DI Pitching Coach
“Right off the bat I was thinking, ‘Man, I wish this was something that I had when I was playing” — MLB Hitting Coach
“If you can get better at this, you can get better at hitting. It’s not all about the mechanics of the swing. This gives you a head start on everything…” — Arizona Diamondbacks Hitting Coordinator Chris Cron